There is a new member of the Futura family, the Futura 5.5M - it plays like a blade but it is a mallet putter. It has a straight shaft with 303 stainless steel body that holds a face plate milled from lightweight 6061 aluminum. The face wraps under the leading edge and becomes the sole. By having a heavier material around the perimeter of the aluminum, the 5.5M is more forgiving and resists twisting on off-center hits more effectively.
The single-bend shaft on the 5.5M produces some toe hang, so it is ideally suited for players who have a stroke that goes inside the target line on the backswing, squares at impact and then goes back to the inside on the follow through.
The Futura 5.5M offers the forgiveness of a mallet with the feel of a blade and features a neck configuration that promotes a flowing, arced putting stroke more commonly associated with blade style putters.
FUTURA 5.5M DESIGN & TECHNOLOGY FAST FACTS:
• The compact mallet—about 10 percent smaller than the similarly-shaped Futura 7M—is designed for easy alignment with built-in toe flow.
• Shorter single bend shaft configuration for additional toe hang, promoting an arced path and flowing putting stroke.
• Multi-material technology – featuring wrap-around face-sole construction milled from lightweight 6061 aircraft grade aluminum, integrated with precision-milled 303 stainless steel – moves weight back and to the perimeter, allowing for a larger putter head with enhanced high-MOI performance (resistance to twisting during the stroke).
• Tour-proven heel-and-toe sole weighting technology increases stability and forgiveness.
• Mid-milled face with vibration dampening technology offers soft feel with 3.5 degrees of loft to deliver optimum roll characteristics.
The Futura 5.5M comes standard with a black Matador mid-size grip and will reach stores in the USA on August 25 with a price of $379.
Please email email@example.com to pre-order the Scotty Cameron Futura 5.5M